We’re excited to announce that the Gericke’s Point site in Sedgefield has been reopened.
- The use of the launch site is for recreational and visiting pilots only
- The site is rated for Basic pilots with 100 flights
- Maximum wind-speed for flying is 22km/h
- Students under supervision with a minimum of 15 flights.
- Introductory Flights will be reserved for lodge guests only
- When arriving at the gate please phone 069 300 8987 (the number is also on the gate) and ask for the gate to be opened.
- DO NOT DRIVE TO THE TAKEOFF SITE. Drive to the lodge and park at the lodge. Please note the speed limit on the road is STRICTLY 30km/h. The lodge has safari vehicles with their guests and are regularly on the roads, so please be careful.
- Once at the lodge you will be required to sign an indemnity form and pay the daily fee at the
- Only pilots who have a valid SAHPA membership will be able to use the site, please ensure you have your SACAA license and SAHPA Membership Card with you.
- Pilots will be transported in an official lodge vehicle to the launch site.
- If you land on the beach, the lodge will organise collection to bring you back to either the
launch site, or your vehicle.
- The launch site is a strictly “NON-SMOKING” site and anyone smoking at the
launch site will be banned.
- The daily fee is R200 and includes a free beer or a free coffee/tea at either the Bistro or the Fynbos Bar in the main lodge should the bistro not be operational on the day.
- You are encouraged to enjoy the offers of the Fynbos Bar in the main lodge and the Bistro.
- The Bistro is currently open on Sundays and will be open daily from 15th December to the 7th January.
We are very lucky to have the opportunity to use this iconic site again, so please respect the
property and appreciate that there is a luxury business operating and so be respectful to everyone
that you encounter.
For further details contact the Fynbos on Sea Activity Centre on 0693014388.