Gericke’s Point is a premium launch site which offers a wide range of soaring opportunities with magnificent views.
Accessing the Site
- When arriving at the gate please phone 069 300 8987 (the number is also on the gate) and ask for the gate to be opened.
- DO NOT DRIVE TO THE TAKEOFF SITE. Drive to the lodge and park at the lodge. Please note the speed limit on the road is STRICTLY 30km/h. The lodge has safari vehicles with their guests and are regularly on the roads, so please be careful.
- Once at the lodge you will be required to sign an indemnity form and pay the daily fee at the
- Only pilots who have a valid SAHPA membership will be able to use the site, please ensure you have your SACAA license and SAHPA Membership Card with you.
- Pilots will be transported in an official lodge vehicle to the launch site.
- If you land on the beach, the lodge will organise collection to bring you back to either the
launch site, or your vehicle.
- The launch site is a strictly “NON-SMOKING” site and anyone smoking at the
launch site will be banned.
- The daily fee is R200 and includes a free beer or a free coffee/tea at either the Bistro or the Fynbos Bar in the main lodge should the bistro not be operational on the day.
- You are encouraged to enjoy the offers of the Fynbos Bar in the main lodge and the Bistro.
- The Bistro is currently open on Sundays and will be open daily from 15th December to the 7th January.
- Wind direction South-East to East
- Maximum wind speed 22km/h
- Maximum ceiling 465 m ASL
- Landing zone is at the car park to the East of take-off
- Respect the land owners property and rights at all times, preserve the fauna and flora.
- Take off minimum two meters from the edge
- Sudden gusts of wind, watch the water for warning
- Sudden wind directional changes
- Top landings are difficult be aware of wind shadow and turbulence