It is again time to prepare for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which takes place on the 31st October 2023 at 18:30.
The first stage of the process is the nomination of volunteer SAHPA committee members who will oversee the promotion, protection and administration of the sport in South Africa in 2024. The second stage requires that SAHPA members vote for the new committee members.
The current SAHPA Committee has made a decision to use the Simply Voting platform to facilitate the process fairly.
Process and timelines
The process is as follows:
- You may nominate a suitable bona-fide SAHPA member to be a committee member using the prescribed form (download PDF).
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 6th October 2023.
- Once the nominations have been received by the SAHPA Office, Louise Liversedge will configure the voting platform with nominees and resolutions.
- On the 10th October 2023, (21 days before the AGM), an email will be circulated to all members with:
- an annual report by Louis Stanford (current SAHPA chairperson),
- a list of nominees, with their manifestos,
- instructions on using the Simply Voting system to vote for Committee Members and Resolutions.
- The results of the voting will be revealed at the SAHPA AGM on the evening of 31st October 2023. This meeting will be conducted online.
All current, paid-up SAHPA members are eligible to:
- nominate potential committee members,
- vote on nominees,
- vote on resolutions,
- and participate in the SAHPA AGM.
SAHPA members will be required to vote on a number of resolutions to provide direction to the incoming SAHPA Committee. These resolutions will be explained in the Chairman’s Report and included on the Simply Voting platform.
The SAHPA Office
M: +27 741522505