- All Hang and Paragliding launch sites approvals are approved for Sport and Recreational hang and paragliding operations, by members of the ARO and clubs approved herein.
- A 1 NM Radius is applied to all Hang and Paragliding launching sites. Hang and Paragliders are to remain clear of all controlled airspace as published in the IAIP when leaving the defined launching sites listed here.
- Any operations to be conducted within Controlled Airspace require approval from the relevant ATSU and/or Letter of Procedure (LoP) with the ATSU.
- Hours of operations are always Sunrise-Sunset unless otherwise specified
- Please refer to the CAA Aeronautical Information Publication (ENR 5.5) for a full list of authorised paragliding sites.
List of Sites (under construction)
|Site Name||Location||Site Grading||Site Fees|
|Porterville||Porterville, Western Cape||Basic||Yes|
|Lions Head||Cape Town, Western Cape||Basic||Wildcard Required|
|Signal Hill||Cape Town, Western Cape||Sport||Wildcard Required|
|Table Mountain||Cape Town, Western Cape||Sport||Wildcard Required|
|Llandudno||Cape Town, Western Cape||Basic||Wildcard Required|
|McLears Beacon||Cape Town, Western Cape||Sport||Wildcard Required|
|Woodcutters Hut||Cape Town, Western Cape||Sport||Wildcard Required|
|Sir Lowrys Pass||Cape Town, Western Cape||Basic||No|
|Map of Africa||Wilderness, Western Cape||Student||Yes|
|Sedgefield||Sedgefield, Western Cape||Student||Yes|
|Kleinkrantz||Wilderness, South Africa||Student||No|
|Langebaan Dunes||Langebaan, Western Cape||Student||Yes|